photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Stamped Dominoes

I didn't give out many non-family gifts this year but I did want to give my boss lady (don't you like being called the boss lady, Denise?) a gift and since she owns the scrapbook store where I work, I had to give her something handmade! I saw this fabulous stamped domino project on the Hero Arts blog (PS - I adore Hero Arts stamps...hoping to use them more this year) and I knew I'd found the perfect project! This was a super easy to create; I only needed a box of ceramic (at least I think they're ceramic) dominoes, a shadow box frame, and permanent ink. I used Pallette ink from Papertryink but Staz-On would work as well. I first laid out all of the tiles in the pattern that would work for my frame and then selected my images. (I used many of the same or similar images that were used on the Hero Arts blog since I had them!) Once I stamped the images I hit the dominoes with a heat gun, just to make sure the ink was dry and set. I used a glue gun to attach the dominoes to a thin piece of cardboard. And that's it! Fun stuff, right? And I believe that the boss lady enjoyed her stamped gift... :-) Enjoy!! PS - Stamps used on the project are from Tim Holtz, Sweet 'n Sassy, and SU!

4 comments:

Lillian Child said...

I love this idea!!! What a unique and simple, and yet so lovely and stunning gift idea!

daisydilly (vicki) said...

This is really a very neat idea. I love how it turned out

Stampvanwinkle said...

This is so classy Kim. I am sure that Denise loved it. Have a good night.

Hugs and Blessings,

Deb

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely artwork Kim. Love the images. :o)