photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Mini Card Box

Happy snow day! Oh, not snowing where you are (is there anywhere in the US that didn't get snow this week?); we're enjoying an up to 16" snowstorm...and I love it! Love it because I no longer have to worry about driving to a full-time job, love it because I'll get to play in the snow later with the kids, love it because we'll make chocolate chip cookies, and love it because it gives me an excuse to stay in my PJ's all day!! (Truth be told, that's the number one reason I love snow days!!) And just maybe...once schoolwork and cookies are out of the way, I'll get in some crafty time! My favorite bad weather activity! Today's project is one that I'll be demonstrating at an upcoming Wholly Scrap! class. It's a darling 3.25" square card holder that comes complete with three mini cards. Isn't it so cute? (I found the directions for making the box on Splitcoast). The box was super easy to make; just a few cuts and score lines. I had quite the time figuring out the handle because I was determined to use the Martha Stewart mini shell punch to make a lacey handle, which required punching on both sides of the paper to create a complete shell. It only took 575 tries to get it right! LOL!
I've been frequently using Sweet 'n Sassy stamp sets in my classes and the attendees love them! This is a favorite set that we've used a number of times called Serene Silhouettes and it was a perfect choice for the box and card set because no coloring was required, which can be perfect for a class where you're creating multiple projects. I love the look of the cards...so easy and I love the look of the one color silhouette image with the black sentiment. I'm looking forward to sharing this project with my crafty friends on Friday! You can visit Wholly Scrap!'s web site for more details on their classes... Enjoy!

4 comments:

Stampvanwinkle said...

This is adorable Kim. What a great project for a class. Great job.

Hugs,
Deb

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely set Kim. Great use of those silhouette images. :o)

Leah said...

SO pretty Kim! I love the colors and that handle is fabulous:)

Korin said...

This is fabulous!!!