photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Another KISS Card

Today's lesson...Make peace with the white space.
Being at peace with a lot of white space on a card is not easy to do! I struggle with it every time I create a KISS/CAS card. And the funny thing is that when I first started stamping I probably made most of my cards with a lot of white space but then...I discovered blogs, learned more techniques saw other's work and before you know it you've got a card that weighs five pounds and took you two hours to make! (You know what happens to those cards? I hoard them...I just can't bear to give them away! LOL!) Well not today!! Today I created with minimal layers and lots of white space! And it felt good....WooHoo!! Not only that but I created with a brand new Sweet 'n Sassy stamp set. Please tell me that you just adore this little guy? I've got a thing for turtles and this stamp set, Gifts from Turtle, fits the bill! This stamp set comes with three turtle images and six sentiments. This card was easy to create (as it should be for a KISS card!) and most of my work was focused on the coloring, which was done with Copics and I just need to point out that I'm finally getting the hang of shading!! I know...it's only been two years or something like that...I'm a slow learner! **chuckle** (You should also check out Korin's blog; she has some amazing videos on shading. I plan to practice her tips!) I layered my sweet turtle on some fun boyish paper from My Minds Eye, added some faux stitching, a tiny bit of scalloped paper and a button. I also stamped the balloons twice and popped them up with foam tape. And there you have it! So tell me...how do you feel about lots of white space?

1 comment:

Stampvanwinkle said...

Love your little turtle card Kim. He is making me smile. :)

Hugs,

Deb