photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Monday, January 10, 2011

Keep it Simple Monday

Today's Tip: Put away the stamps!
Hi all! Sorry for no KSS post last night, we've been fighting sickness in our household for the pats few days. Yesterday it was my turn and I spent the entire day either in bed or sacked out on the couch. Still not feeling 100% today but much better so I'm grateful!! Today's card is actually one that I created a few weeks ago but never got around to posting, due to the pre-holiday madness. :-) And this was created when I had a challenge due and very little time. When I was sitting in my craft room wondering how in the world I was going to find time to create something in a short amount of time, I remembered this tag that Tim created during his 12 tags of Christmas and thought...why not translate this same technique to a card! I used lovely vintage paper from Kaiser Craft and glued it directly to a card base. The paper included pictures of these fun hot air balloons so after attaching a piece to the card base, I simply cut two of them out from a second piece of paper and popped them up with foam tape. Then I added the rhinestone flourish (from Prima), a punched band, ribbon, and lovely glass button (from a dear friend who attends my classes at Wholly Scrap!), and ok...a stamped sentiment (from Verve) to finish the card. Start to finish - about 10 minutes! Now that's what I call simple!! So don't cover up those pretty decorative papers, use them as backgrounds on your cards! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Stampvanwinkle said...

Oh Kim, this is a wonderful card! I love the papers and embellies and this is one of my favorite verses.

I am sorry to here that you all have been sick and I pray that you are all doing better. Hope your day is filled with joy and blessings sweetie.

Hugs,

Deb