photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Friday, December 31, 2010

Heart Die Cut Card

(Please excuse my thumb!) This is a fun card I created (after seeing a tutorial on Splitcoast) for an upcoming Wholly Scrap! class. I figured since the holidays were over, it was high time to start thinking about Valentine's Day, hence my love-inspired theme! The tutorial that was posted on SCS used this heart shaped Nestibilities die cut and since we happened to have had one in stock at the store...I decided to go with the same layout. This is called a Z-fold card because of the extra crease in the front of the card, creating a Z pattern. One of the fun things I liked about this heart die cut was that I could keep the die on the paper and then use ink and a sponge to add color to the base of the design. The heart die has some nice scroll work on it so it creates a lovely base for stamping. I used two retired SU! stamp sets to include some decorations on my heart and for sentiments. A Martha Stewart butterfly punch provided me with a sweet embellie from the front heart.
Here's the card fully opened to reveal the heart on the inside of the card. I added a tiny pearl heart on the inside of the card. This wonderful paper (get ready to see lots of this design) is from My Minds Eye; called Be Loved. The butterfly images on the left side of the card are from Tim Holz. Call Wholly Scrap! for details on this class... Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Kathi said...

Happy New Year Kim! All my wishes for a wonderful 2011 filled with health, happiness, and prosperity for you and yours.

The card is great too. ;)

I've been eying that set of Nestabilities and now I want it. You're very bad, but a good enabler.