photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Bookmark Card

Greetings! Hoping everyone had a wonderful Christmas weekend. We had such a great time and are now enjoying a wonderful vacation from work and school...love it! I confess that it's making me long for warmer weather....perhaps because we just got hit with a big snowstorm yesterday. We actually didn't get much snow in our town but the winds...holy cow the winds were crazy! It's made for some very cold days so I needed to create a bright spring-themed card to remind me that soon enough the days will get warmer!
This is a bookmark card, which is a standard size card (5.5" x 4.25") with a 2.25" bookmark attached. I used a perforating tool to create the crease for the bookmark, which enables the receipent to simply tear away the bookmark from the card. Many of the samples I saw of this type of card placed the bookmark on the inside of the card. However, I saw one sample with the bookmark on the outside, using a die cut shape to hold the card closed. I loved this idea and opted to go with the outside look.
I used a wonderfu floral stamp set from Our Craft Lounge for this card; the name of the set is Spring Sketches. The script stamp in the background of the bookmark is from a Tim Holtz holiday set. The stunning paper on the front of the card features a beautiful flocked swirl in a deep green. The paper is from Ruby Rock-it and I have been using this line for months now...I never tire of the vintage look and great colors. I used a Label die cut from Nestibilities to create a tab to hold the card closed. Fun stuff! I'll be demonstrating this card, along with two others, at an upcoming Wholly Scrap! class. Contact the store for more details... Enjoy!

1 comment:

Kathi said...

Beautiful and practical card. I love the idea for a tear-off bookmark.