photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Saturday, December 11, 2010

12 Tags of Christmas - Day Eight

Hello friends! Are you ready for the next tag? This one is a departure from Tim's design, however, I used the same techniques on my tag and I have a quick photo tutorial to share with you today. Tim called this tag extreme masking and used one of his pre-made masks to make a santa and sleigh design on his tag. And while I do have a few of his masks, they're background designs, like swirls, and not something that can work well as a focal image. So...I created my own mask! Here's how...
I started with masking sheets, from Idea-ology, and used the pine tree die cut to cut out the image from a making sheet. I now have my own custom pine tree mask! Here are the positive and negative images. I attached the negative to my tag, with the pine tree opening vs. the actual tree covering the tag. Next I used my blending tool and Distress Inks to color the tree. Using the mask allows you to ink all over the mask without ruining your tag. Then I added a few stamped designs to the tree; snowflakes and script. Once you're finished stamping and coloring, just use a paper towel to remove ink from the mask, attach the backing to the mask, and store.
Here's my finished tree, with the mask removed. Now I'm going to use the positive tree image to cover my tree so that I can finish decorating my tag. Since my tree is protected by the mask, I can add color to the back of the tag as well as more stamped images. I used a swirl image on the background. The mask keeps the tree from getting ruined by the other colors and stamps. Once done, simply remove the mask and store. Cool, huh?
Once my tag was decorated I added some metal embellishments to the bottom of the tag (this babies have been hanging out in my closet since last Christmas...remember I didn't have any of those fabulous embellies last year?? Well I do now, thanks to Wholly Scrap!...they're such enablers over there...hee hee) I then used a circle fragment to add the 25. The fragment is attached to the paper with glossy accents. I also added a bit of Stickles to the paper for some sparkle. I created my paper ribbons by stamping the sentiment (from Sweet 'n Sassy) on red cardstock. A few metal keys (another of those metal goodies) was attached to my ribbon. And that's it for today's tag!! We're nearing the end...can't believe it's been 12 days already and I've managed to not get a darn thing done except stamp...humm...it's not a bad way to spend your time! :-) Enjoy!

No comments: