photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Sweet Framed Flowers

Or should I say Sweet 'n Sassy framed flowers! I've been hard at work on creating samples for upcoming classes but I needed a SNSS crafting break! I love my Sweet 'n Sassy stamps and miss them when I haven't used them in a few days... This card was inspired by a layout I saw in the new SU! mini catalog. The thing I really liked about the layout was a hint of newsprint peeking out from under designer paper. Reminded me of pulling off a piece of old wallpaper, to reveal a little surprise underneath! I even rolled up the edge of the designer paper for a more worn look. (The designer paper is from Ruby Rock-it....see I told you I never tire of this design!!) The frame was created using a label and oval die cut from Nestibilities. (The oval was placed inside the label die cut and then both were run through the Big Shot). These lovely flowers are from the August Gladiola set from Sweet 'n Sassy. SNSS now has flower stamps for each month of the year...fabulous! I cut around a few of the flower buds so that they could extend over the edge of the frame. A tiny piece of ribbon and a brad was added to the bottom of the frame...just for a little decorative touch. The sentiment, also included with the Gladiola set, was stamped in a circle and everything was attached with foam tape. Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Kathi said...

This is totally gorgeous with so many great details. I love your coloring, that rolled paper, and the peeking edge of the text paper.