photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Monday, March 28, 2011

Sweet 'n Sassy Sneak Peek

Happy Monday bloggers! Hoping everyone had a wonderful weekend! We had a sick-filled weekend with both kids so a lot of time spent on the couch, watching cartoons and administering Tylenol! But these times do give me an opportunity to catch up on my reading and blog surfing!! We're still down for the count this morning but I wanted to share a little sneak peek of a Sweet 'n Sassy stamp set that will be released on April 1. This one is so darn cute, I love it and can see a bunch of uses for this set. For today's card, I went with a welcome baby theme, using the lion, stand, and precious baby sentiment.
I started by stamping the stand on cream cardstock and then using collage number stamps (a retired SU! set) to decorate the background. (I masked the stand). I then colored the stand with Copics and aged the edges of the cream cardstock with Walnut Stain Distress Ink. The lion was stamped twice on a separate piece of cardstock and colored with Copics. The lion was cut out and adhered on top of the stand with foam tape and then his face was cut out of the second lion and attached with foam tape for that much loved dimension. The image is paired with a piece of designer paper from October Afternoon and a piece of scalloped cork was added next to the lion. (I finally broke down and purchased one of those large scallop dies from Papertreyink!) A few buttons and the sentiment finished off my card! Enjoy and be sure to mark your calendars for April 1st! Sweet 'n Sassy will be releasing a wonderful line of new stamp sets!! Oh, and right now there is a 30% sale on all digi images! Go to the web site here.

No comments: