photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spring Tulips

Happy Tuesday morning blogging friends! Today I'm sharing a Spring card because I've just got to see to see some flowers soon...especially since it was snowing all day yesterday here in New England. Talk about being shocked at seeing snow coming down yesterday, after we'd had days and days of beautiful, sunny weather! Oh, that's right...We live in New England, one never knows what one is going to get on any given day! :-) I had the wonderful opportunity to create one not but two Sweet 'n Sassy cards last night, which was a real treat considering March has been so busy. And on both cards, I took a more simple card making approach, having recently been inspired by one of my design team buddies, Jill Foster. If you've never visited Jill's blog, I encourage you to check it out! Jill takes cards from other designers, who inspire her, and then she creates a card based on their designs. Jill's cards sport bold and vibrant colors and clean and simple designs. And today...her card inspired mine! :-) This sweet Tulip image is currently available as a digi image from Sweet 'n Sassy. However, I have a little secret for you...In another week or so you just might be able to purchase an entire set with this beautiful design and a bunch of sentiments! April 1st is release day at Sweet 'n Sassy so...you'll just have to visit the site on the 1st to find out what's new! As for the card creation, no designer paper! I took a clue from Jill and used the a sanded background stamp to decorate my first layer vs. decorative paper, which was cut out with a Labels Nestibilities die. I then used a word background stamp to decorate the cream layer and here's a fun trick I learned from Jill. I applied ink to the entire stamp and then used a damp cloth to remove some of the ink before stamping. It kind of gives the image that vintage look and also makes a blank space if you want to layer your main image directly on top of the background image, as I did with the tulip image. I then stamped the tulip image a second time and colored the flowers with Prismacolor pencils. (Loving the pencils!) Once the flowers were cut out and attached with foam tape, I simply added the sentiment and ribbon. Fun!! Enjoy today's card and be sure to check on the SNSS site on April 1st!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

What a beautiful card.

Tiff said...

Your card is GORGEOUS!