photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Altered Clipboard & Clothespin

Welcome back bloggers! It's been a busy few weeks (this one continues to be busy as we prep for our son's 7th birthday! Someone tell me where the heck seven years just went??) but I wanted to take a quick break to share a Wholly Scrap! class project with you. Last month, we started an "Anything but a Card" class, which is held once a month and allows us to use rubber stamps on projects other than cards or scrapbook pages. Last month we created these fun altered clipboards and clothespins. (And I confess that I added a bit to this project after this photo, such as ribbons on the clip portion of the clipboard.) The paper I used on this project is from Cosmo Cricket and is all things love so I opted to use my clipboard to hold a picture of my sweet hubby and two smoochie boys. The hearts and 'always & forever' sentiment are stickers that came with this paper line.
Here's a close up shot of the clothespin. I painted the sides of the clothespin with white crackle paint and then added the designer paper. The flower was created with a SU! flower punch. I crumpled up the flower until the paper layers separate and then attached one of the flowers, with a wordy center, to the clothespin. Because the cardstock had some texture to it, the crinkling gave it a bit of a leather look. It's way cool in person, man. And see that green viney thing (that's a technical term) behind the flower? It's actually a tree punch! The tree trunk is hidden under the flower so you can only see the branches. Looks like leaves or vines, right? Sometimes my small brain comes up with something interesting...LOL! Enjoy today's project and be sure to check back on 3/11 for the Sweet 'n Sassy customer blog hop!!

No comments: