photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Keep it Simple

I can't go with a Keep it Simple Sunday title today since...well....it's Tuesday! I did, however, make a card for Sunday's post but it just didn't make it up in time... :-) A few quick reminders, before we get to the card, tomorrow is a big 'ol Sweet 'n Sassy blog hop where we'll celebrate the arrival of new Christmas stamp sets and give out some fun prizes! Posts will be up by 6:00 am EST so be sure to check back tomorrow! And on September 7th, we'll be showcasing another Tiffany Doodles challenge, which also includes lots of free goodies! Lastly, I'm in the midst of working on a large custom baby album for a customer so I may be even more scarce on blog postings until that's completed....and then I'll be super excited to share the pages with you!! On to the card! I was inspired by a card I saw while checking out some projects on SCS and while my card is different, the concept is similar and just as quick to create. For today's card, I ran a piece of cardstock through an embossing folder and then took a PTI Vintage Cream ink pad and rubbed it over the raised areas. Love how it highlights the design! And then I created a polka dot ribbon from kraft cardstock (don't mind the folds in my ribbon...I kind of like it a little rough looking!), stamped a sentiment from a soon-to-be-released SNSS stamp set (you'll need to check back tomorrow for the whole set!!), and added a tiny paper dragonfly. Easy peasy! Enjoy and don't forget to check back tomorrow!!

2 comments:

Leah said...

So pretty, that big damask is gorgeous!

Sandy said...

Beautiful card! I love the rich tones with the embossing and the the sentiment with the little butterfly is a great idea!