photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Friday, August 27, 2010

O Christmas Tree

Is it really possible that September is just around the corner, which means *gasp* that Christmas will be here in a few short months? I'm not ready! :-) I am ready, however, to craft a sweet Christmas card with this adorable Sweet 'n Sassy stamp set, which was recently released. The name of the set is O Christmas Tree and it couldn't be any cuter! This makes me think of life in the country on a bright and crisp winter morning. You can pick up this set for only $9.00!! Now that is sweet! I'm continuing to go to my SU! winter mini catalog for inspiration and last week I was inspired by a card that used a tag to showcase the name image. Since this stamp fit my size tag perfectly, I had to go for it! I first used a Tim Holtz technique to add color to the tag. You can find a tutorial for this technique here (in my tutorial I used one color of ink, for today's tag I used two colors). I aged the edges of my tag because...well I can't help myself! Once my tag was dry I stamped and colored my image, using Stickles on the ornaments and a white gel pen for the bunny's belly and for a few snowflakes on the ground. The card layout is fairly simple, just using a piece of designer paper in the background, a thin piece of dry embossed cardstock, and a hint of pink ribbon (I'm loving pink on Christmas cards!). The finishing piece was an antique button, from Mr. Tim. :-) I hope you enjoy today's card and get ready....Christmas is almost here!! And don't forget about the Sweet 'n Sassy blog hop on September 1, which we'll be showcasing lots of Christmas goodies and prizes!!

5 comments:

Anke said...

Wonderful christmas card Kim

Nancy said...

Gorgeous Card Kim!
That image looks so great on a tag!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty! Love your coloring Kim and that tree image with the birds is fabulous! Got to find my SU! Mimi Catalog! :o)

Leah said...

This is SO sweet, I love it!

Robin Parker said...

Like the new image O Christmas Tree. Love the way you used a tag. Thanks for sharing.