photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Bind-it-All Cover

Anyone remember me mentioning that I had been teaching a stamping basics class at Wholly Scrap!, where I work? Well...it's been six months and tonight we're celebrating the end of the Bootcamp series! Since I created notes for each class attendee that covered our subjects (the basics of coloring, embossing, etc.), I decided (actually the store owner gave me this idea!) to create a binder to hold all of the notes! Fun, huh? Last night I created the design for the binder cover (yes, I waited until the last possible moment...) and today I'll add a few little extras for the inside but I thought I'd share the cover now...Isn't that some amazing paper? More lovely paper from Ruby Rock-it...I think I shall never tire of this design. I love the old world, vintage touch...beautiful! The piece I used for my cover is double-sided so that you see on the top is one side and the bottom is the other. A piece of Papertreyink grosgrain ribbon covered the seam. And once I had everything covered...I was stuck...I created about 50 items to go on the cover and tossed all of them in the trash. I believe at one point, close to 11pm, I shouted out to my husband, "I got nothin'!!" I just couldn't seem to find the right stamp images to go along with the paper and then the lightbulb went on...Tim Holtz...vintage...of course!! So I pulled out my beloved Tim stamp sets and got to work! The bottom layer of black has been paper pierced around the entire edge, the kraft layer has a lovely script stamp, and the stop ivory layered has been aged with Old Paper Distress Ink, and stamped with a few random decorative images. I then stamped the bird in Barn Red...adding a little Walnut Stain to the legs...and popped him up with foam tape. The fun flower is from the same Ruby Rock-It line...it coordinates and the top flower is made of cork - fabulous!! The final touch was the add the "enjoy the journey" stamp to the bottom. Fun stuff!! I'm looking forward to class tonight!! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anke said...

Adorable Kim, I love your work.

Anke