photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Rolling Marble Background

Hi there!! Yes, it's true...I am still alive! Sorry it's been so quiet here on the 'ol blog lately. Seems schedules and an over abundance of germs in our house has rendered me unable to do much of anything in the studio. However...I have two classes coming up next week so I needed to get busy last night and I managed to finish two whole cards!! It is a miracle! Now this card...ever have one of those cards that you think, "do I like this?" That would be my emotion surrounding this baby. I like it, then I don't...humm...what do you think? I'll tell you what I do like, that lovely butterfly image and sentiment from the Everyday Miracles stamp set from Sweet 'n Sassy! Instead of coloring the butterfly I stamped it on a wonderful vintage piece of designer paper from Ruby Rock-it because all butterflies should be a light blue with green polka dots, don't you think? This is one of my class cards for next week and on it I'll be demonstrating the rolling marble technique. Who remembers that one? Everyone who used to be a SU! demo, right? The rolling marble paper is in the background, behind the butterfly. I decided to also stamp a few butterflies on the paper as well....how fun to create your own designer paper! The rest of the paper used is also from Ruby Rock-it. We'll see if this is the card I end up going with for class...since I'm on the fence about the final piece... :-) Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

There is such an elegance to your card and I love the papers and colors you chose. Really beautiful!