photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Keep it Simple Sunday

Today's Tip: Use one color of cardstock and embossing powder for instant glitz!
First, I have to apologize for my somewhat dark photo...for some reason the shine on the embossing powder made my cheapy digital camera flash freak out and every photo I took was washed out...too much flash! So I had to resort to desperate measures (seeing as I was taking my photo in the dead of night and there wasn't any hope of natural sunlight) and turn off my bright overhead lights to force my flash to behave! Anyway...the inspiration for tonight's card came from Mary Fish. I'm not quite sure how I stumbled upon Mary's blog but she is one seriously talented stamper and a recent member of the SCS Dirty Dozen. I was browsing through their latest gallery when I saw a wonderful card created by Mary. She had used only red cardstock and silver embossing powder, the results were fabulous! I went with a deep plum and had originally thought about going with a holiday theme but while looking through my stamps, I realized that my poor Unity stamps have been left alone for far too long! I belong to their Kit of the Month club and this cute typewriter image and sentiment is from their November kit. This is a small card, only 4"x 4", and after stamping and embossing the typewriter I realized I didn't have room for my sentiment. And that, ladies and...well....ladies (I've never had a gentleman visit my blog), is when a tiny bit of my own inspiration hit! I cut a slit into the top of the typewriter and inserted the sentiment so it looks like the typewriter is typing on the paper....Come on now...it's pure genius! Oh alright, having one good idea in years I should not brag about! LOL! One other thing about the card, that is difficult to see in the photo, is that the card base has a texture to it and the paper with the image does not. The difference is more obvious in person but I thought that, and adhering the image with dimensional tape, was a good way to add separation to the tone on tone affect. OK kids, enjoy your evening! I'll be back later this week with a fun scrapbook project to share!

No comments: