photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Keep it Simple Sunday

**NOTE** Scroll down for the SNR Blog Hop Post!

Today's Tip: Keep it monochromatic!

This week I was inspired by Becky Oehler's recent blog post, showcasing an adorable red and white card. So last night I decided to try my hand at my own red and white card and this baby took me about 10 minutes to make...from start to finish! Now that's what I call keeping it simple! This adorable set is from a recently released Taylored Expressions set, Wings of Joy. (This is one of the sets we used at Stamping Around PA and I'll be back later this week of photos from that darling project!) This set has a number of sweet images that can be mixed and matched. The swirly line is a stand alone image as is the stocking. I used the swirl to hold up my stocking but this same image would be great for swirling snow, to hold an ornament, or to mimic wind. The sentiment is from the set, which includes five others that can also be mixed and matched. I ran my card base through the Cuttlebug for a little texture. The rest of the card details are self-explanatory! Conclusion - I love red and white together...it's fantastic! And it made for an easy card...thanks for the inspiration Becky!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oooohh I LOVE this - so striking and pretty!!:)