photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Keep it Simple Sunday

Today's Tip: Create magic with a Cuttlebug embossing folder and Just Rite stamps!
I had a lot on my plate last night and was slightly stressing over the fact that my brain was completely void of any brilliant ideas for this week's Keep it Simple Sunday post. (Truth be told, my brain was void of brilliant ideas pertaining to anything important!) Since my now 8x8 foot craft room is small and filled to the rim with far too many pieces of cardstock and ribbon, it's always a nice surprise when I'm riffling through my piles of unorganized scraps when I come upon not only the perfect piece of paper but the perfect idea! When my stamping friend came over a few weeks ago she brought with her a few Cuttlebug embossing folders and some holiday-themed Just Rite stamps. So before she left I ran a few random pieces of cardstock through the Cuttlebug and stamped some of the Just Rite images onto another piece of cardstock and that, my friends, are the two pieces of paper I found in my giant pile 'ol scraps last night! The light bulb instantly went on and in under 15 minutes I had myself a quick and easy Christmas card, perfect for today's post! The fun thing about these quick and easy cards (besides being...well...quick and easy) is that it's also quick and easy to recreate this card without a lot of instruction. I adore this embossed image and it's so pretty you really don't want to cover it up so using a the small circle in the middle of the card was perfect. I colored my Just Rite image with Copics, cut it out with my Nesties and layered onto a scalloped circle because, let's be honest, I have a thing for scalloped circles. I added a bit of lovely bright red ribbon from Papertryink and voila, I was finished with my card and ready to cross a few more things off of my very long to do list! Later this week, I'm off to PA to celebrate the last Stamping Around event of 2009!! Be sure to check back in later in the week and over the weekend for updates and pictures from the event...We have a packed house in PA and we can not wait to meet everyone!!

No comments: