photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Thursday, March 13, 2008

SALT Challenge - His Princess

At SALT this week it was Casey's turn to set the challenge and she chose the message of being His princess. You can read the entire challenge text here.

I admit that my piece isn't focused specifically on the challenge topic but I liked the "children of the King" thought, which Casey mentions in her description and decided to focus on that idea. I ended up at this portion of scripture from Isaiah after a friend mentioned a hymn whose focus was on this very topic of children of the King. One of the song's stanzas reads, "shout, ye little flock and blest; you on Jesus' throne shall rest, there your seat is now prepared, there your kingdom and reward!" What a blessed promise!

The song referenced Isaiah 35:10 and I used just a small portion of that verse on my card, here it is in it's entirety, "And the ransomed of the Lord shall return, and come to Zion with singing, with everlasting joy on their heads, they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away."

Have a joyful day!

Project details:
ATC (2.5" x 3.5")
Paper and background stamps by Stampin' Up!
Bird image by justjohanna

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! the colours are so pretty!

Hazel said...

What a lovely interpretation of this topic - beautifully crafted

artfulstampin said...

A lovely card, the bold design and the bird all fits together beautifully.

Scripture by Design said...

I found myself singing the song that uses these words after I saw your beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous Kim! Plus sorry to do this, but you've been tagged :)
http://www.limetart.com/twistedlime/?p=20