photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

SALT Challenge - BELIEVE

This week's challenge on the SALT blog, given to us by Ester, is 'Believe'. Ester shared with us the verse that inspired her theme, taken from Jeremiah 29:11-13:

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

Ester makes a wonderful point that if only we truly believed in God's promises- we would worry so much less. It is such a reassurance to know that we have a great God who is in control of all things.

I didn't use this verse from Jeremiah on my card, although it is an excellent text! The first verse that came to mind when I heard the challenge was John 3:16, which is so well known, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life." Praise God for His love towards His people!

Please visit the SALT blog to see the rest of the team's beautiful creations and if you're feeling inspired to create a piece based on this week's challenge, why not leave us a comment with a link back to your blog or gallery...we'd love to share with you!

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Lythan said...

What a beautiful and inspiring card.

artfulstampin said...

lovely card, i love the fresh colours

Hazel said...

Great choice for this challenge - love the colours and the detail.

Gillian said...

Kim your card is so beautiful a wonderful composition! I esp love how you've used the second part of the verse, so often we use the first part and leave the second, which is after all the reason God gave His Son.

Esther said...

Very eye catching, thank you for you interpretation on the theme.I am loving your create mug too!