photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Chock Full 'o Love

Yes, I know it's a month past Valentine's Day but honestly that's about how back logged I am on my stamping work! :-) I've been working with the justjohanna design team, which is great fun, but it's been so busy that I've had little time to stamp or post, so my apologizes for having perhaps the most boring blog around! LOL!

Today's card was created using justjohanna's giant mug (she also has a handy, dandy tea cup), dotty border, and love is brewing stamps. One of the things I love about this mug image is how versatile it is; for my card I paper pieced the design inside the mug image but you could also simply color the image (it's an outline of the mug), stamp inside the mug image with other fun images...the possibilities are endless!

It's difficult to see in the photo but I used a stylus to indent all of the polka dots on the mug, which is a nice contrast to the raised bumps on the teal circle the mug is sitting on. Paper is from SU!...one of my favorite release of pattern paper, which was never added to the regular catalog...too bad, I love it! And for some "steam" from my mug...a wee bit of iridescent gift packaging stringy things (I have no idea if there's an official name for that stuff!)

Enjoy!

8 comments:

Heather Grow said...

Cute card, Kim. I don't think it's too Valentine's-y. I think it would be a fun bridal shower or anniversary card.

Unknown said...

Cute card!! The steam is genius!! I love that paper too!! Don't we have a date Monday???!! :) Can't wait!

Hazel said...

This is a super card, Kim - your blog is certainly not boring

Hazel said...

Just stopping by again to wish you a Happy Easter

artfulstampin said...

HAPPY EASTER! Praise the Lord for JESUS, he washes us whiter than the SNOW.

Gillian said...

Oh how Clever are you then!!!!
I love how you've created the steam, it looks Fantastic Kim, Gorgeous Card!

Kathi said...

I really love the steam on the mug.

Great card.

Kathi said...

I love how you did the steam. So very clever.

Heather's right. The card would be great for a variety of occasions.