photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Monday, November 26, 2012

Starry, Starry Night


It's that time again...Time for this week's CAS challenge on Splitcoast.  This week our challange was to be inspired by a quote from Galileo, "I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."

As soon as I read the quote I knew I needed to use my brand new stencil, Starry Starry Night, from Dylusions.  And what better product to use with the stencil then the Embossing Paste from Wendy Vecchi.  I have been in a major embossing paste phase lately, I love this stuff and have been using it a lot in my art journal so why not also use it on a card!

To create my card I first laid the stencil over my cardstock, applied the paste, picked up the stencil and sprinkled on a whole lot of super fine glitter! The shine is awesome!

I left the paste to drive overnight and then added the sentiment (from a Tim stamp set). I didn't want to cover up those great stars so I used vellum for the sentiment and embossed the sentiment in black so it would stand out among all that shine.

Enjoy today's card and why not try out this week's CAS challenge!


No comments: