photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Monday, November 12, 2012

Seasons Greetings


Welcome to this week's CAS (Clean and Simple) challenge over on Splitcoast.  This week's challenge was a sketch challenge and I love it!  I'm totally in love with banners anyway so this was perfect for me. 
 
The sketch sample provided on Splitcoast is a great example of how to use a variety of designer paper on cards but I decided to keep it all white (well...except for that bit of twine!)  I used embossing folders to create four different patterns on each white banner.  I also very slightly rolled up the edges of each banner to keep the card from being too flat.  Then I just added some red twine and a holiday greeting, from Sweet 'n Sassy
 
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I love the idea of the white on white, that's something that I never think to do but it's a good idea. And the little banners are embossed which make them stand out. Love this card Kim, you've got a real knack for making these stunning cards that are simple but have so much character to them. I want to explain that by saying "simple" I in no way mean that negatively.