photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Monday, November 19, 2012

A Joyful Christmas


Welcome to this week's CAS challenge...a color challenge using grey, tan, plum, and lavendar.  And along with this week's card, I have a confession to make...I have a hard time creating cards with more than three colors! Heck, even my clothes are mostly black and white! LOL!  Four colors...it makes me wee head spin!
 
So...Instead of trying to find paper with all of this week's challenge colors, which are beautiful by the way, or create a card with punched flowers or butterflies (which I kinda wanted to do), I decided to put my many Distress Inks to good use and create this scene.  I actually spied this stamp set, last year's Tim Holtz Christmas release, on my desk when I went in to make my card and this idea popped into my head. 
 
To start, I die cut a large circle for the moon and tore a piece of scap paper for the sand....then I got to work with my blending tool and inks.  I first blended Milled Lavendar around the moon and then added Seedless Preserves.  Once I removed the masks, I went back with Antique Linen for the sand.  Then I just needed to stamp my image and sentiment.  The grey was used as the card base. 
 
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful card Kim~!

Sandy said...

So very pretty - the colors of Royalty and a sojourn through the sand. Beautifully thought out and designed!
Sandy