photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Thursday, April 26, 2012

WooHooooo

As you can tell from my odd centered formatting, I'm still getting used to the Blogger changes....grrrr....I'm not really partial to centered text, I'm a left justified kind of girl! **giggle**

But today's card is so much fun that I can't stay cranky for too long!  This is a card featuring totally fun images from Paper Smooches!  I love Paper Smooches!  Kim has designed some of the sweetest little creatures and all kinds of sentiments that are perfect for any occasion!  My card features a darling bird from the My Peeps set and sentiment from the Chubby Chums set.  My card was made especially for a dear friend of mine who is embarking on a personal journey to make some positive changes and I wanted to send her a little card to encourage her.



The base of my card was stamped with a background image from Hero Arts and then I just gently sponged the edges of the entire card 'cause I just can't help myself!  Then I added just a few layers of cardstock in red and yellow polka dots.  The red cardstock was cut with a scalloped die from My Favorite Things.  Then I used a branch die, from Tim Holtz, to create the branches and a cloud die from The Cat's Pajamas for the..umm...clouds.  (The clouds are in felt)  My sweet birdie was colored with Copics and I even stamped, colored, and cut out a second wing for a wee bit of dimension.  And now I'm off to get this in the mail with hopes that it will bring a smile to the face of my dear friend.

Enjoy!!

4 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

This is SUPER cute Kim!!! LOVE the layout!
Hope all is well! HUGS!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a sweet card Kim. Love the little birdie on that branch. The felt clouds look so nice and fluffy! :o)

Martine said...

I love your delightful little bird, it's too cute. I've been browsing the craft blogs to see what I can make for mothers day as the phone I bought for my mom, Tracfone LG500G qwerty keyboard ($20, $7/mnth for service)needed a personal touch.
Your card gave me an idea of making a felt cell phone cover with a birdie like yours cut of fabric and then sewn on it.
Your card is so cute that it needs to be framed and put on the sentimental wall in the office or hallway of the house.

Kathi said...

Totally fabulous! That bird makes me giggle. Aside from that, he's beautifully colored.