photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

U are Amazing

Hey kids!! Sorry that I've been MIA lately...my family was out of town for two days and I didn't have an opportunity to pre-post before we left. It's been far too busy lately...I didn't even have time to create a single thing last week! That hasn't happened in a very long time!! And this week is proving to be just as busy so I'm hoping to grab a few minutes to stamp before the weekend. I will be participating in a joint blog hop on March 18 for PSA Essentials stamps and Touch Twin Markers so be sure to check back on the 18th!!
Today's project features a great stamp set from Sweet 'n Sassy, You. (Isn't that a fun name for a set, just a single word?!) This set features the fun, stylized letter "U" (two of them actually!) and a whole bunch of coordinating sentiments, such as the one I used on today's card, "are amazing."

This is a card I created for a Wholly Scrap! class, where we focused on creating cards with non-traditional folds. This is called the Double Z Fold card and you can find the super easy directions here on SCS. I used my recent favorite designer paper, Farmhouse from October Afternoon, on this card (I'll try to stop using this paper soon but seriously...I adore it!) and even managed to work in one of the tiny ATCs (on the inside of the card) that came with the OA paper pack. I really liked using a band around the card to keep it closed, verus a ribbon, and the "U" was a perfect centerpiece for the front. I just added a grey fabric button and the sentiment to the inside to finish the card.

Enjoy and don't forget to stop by on the 18th!

2 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Kim. Love the folds and the papers! I don't think I can get bored with them. :o)

Kathi said...

Fabulous card. I love the design and color combination.