photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Blossom

I'm hosting the Sweet 'n Sassy Hump Day Challenge today on Splitcoast! This week's challenge is to use heat embossing. When I first started stamping and discovered embossing, I embossed just about everything!! Oh how exciting it was to see that powder turn shiney...so much fun! Well I've been having a blast with embossing this week so I thought this would be the perfect challenge!
For today's card I stamped a leaf image from the Seasons of Change stamp set onto cream cardstock in Old Olive Distress Ink (to keep the ink wet longer, I first stamp in VersaMark ink and then in the distress ink). I heat embossed using clear embossing powder. I then covered the entire piece of cardstock with Distress Stain (More Mustard). If you haven't tried Distress Stain yet...you must! Fun stuff! After a quick heat set I misted on a bit of gold Glimmer Mist. Adds just a tiny bit of sparkle. Then I mounted my leaves on cream cardstock and added the sentiment. Sweet!

Head over to Splitcoast and check out the challenge...and then play along!!

No comments: