photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Monday, March 26, 2012

Hello

Hello is a good title for this post, which should be closely followed by "tap, tap, is this thing on?" Anyone still out there in blog land? I confess that I have been MIA lately, feeling so creatively tapped out that I didn't venture into the craft studio much over the past few weeks. Anyone else ever just hit the wall and not feel like crafting anymore? I know I just needed a break from my multiple class and design team projects and so I walked away for awhile and it was just what I needed! That and I spent almost the entire day Saturday cleaning out my studio...painfully cleaning out and making some bit cuts in my stash. It feels so good to purge! (If you live close to N. Hampton, NH, our store is having a yard sale on the 31st and my table with be packed with major bargains!! Contact Wholly Scrap! for more details!)

The one thing I did create last week was a card for the Splitcoast CAS challenge. I figured creating a CAS card wouldn't exhaust me too much! LOL! Last week's challenge was to create a card following a sketch. I opted to keep my card white and just highlight this pretty butterfly image from the Everyday Miracles set from Sweet 'n Sassy. I also used the Friendship Script stamp for the background. I wanted to keep the colors very soft so I colored the butterfly with pale Copic makers, used a pale green for the script, and only added a bit of green twine (also from Sweet 'n Sassy) to the panel. The hello sentiment is from Paper Smooches Stamps.

So I have a nice, clean studio and my desire to craft the day away has returned! I'm looking forward to getting back into a more regular routine!

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely card Kim. You know how I love butterflies! Wish I was in the area for the sard sale! :o)