photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Monday, February 6, 2012

Much Love

Guess what? I'm the guest designer over on the Splitcoast CAS message board this morning! You can check out the entire post, and all of the lovely cards, here. I'm very excited about my little guest spot! Love that CAS group!
My card was definitely clean and simple! (Well it was simple after I spent about an hour staring at my cardstock! LOL!) I actually had an entirely different design in mind when I started. (Isn't it fun to see how some of your card designs evolve from your original thoughts?)

This card features stamped and die cut hearts, all in a nice little pile (thanks to lots of foam tape!) The hearts were cut with the Heart Die Set from Sweet 'n Sassy. Before I cut out the hearts, I used a text background stamp from SU! and Spun Sugar Distress Ink to stamp on a piece of cardstock. After the hearts were cut, I selected three that I liked and used foam tape, in different thickness (the big heart is taped flat, the medium heart is attached with 1/16" thick foam tape, and the small heart is attached with 1/8" thick foam tape). Then I added a tiny white button, from Papertreyink, tied with white and pink twine, from Sweet 'n Sassy. The tiny sentiment is from the Rose Collage stamp set, also from Sweet 'n Sassy.

Enjoy and be sure to check out all of the great artwork on the CAS board today...and join in the challenge!!

2 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely CAS card Kim. I love those pretty hearst! Congrats on being the GD.

Christine said...

I love simple cards like this. You're other cards are great as well. But sometimes, you just want..... the saying less is more. This is it. I am so happy I found your site. Christine