photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Monday, February 20, 2012

Love

PROJECT REMOVED FOR PUBLICATION
Check the August Issue of "Create for the Home"
(Northridge Publishing)
At Wholly Scrap! we recently started a Spellbinders Club. Members of the club are shown a specific die each month (and given an opportunity to purchase said die at 20% off SRP!) and then we create a project with the die. This month we're using Banner Basics Two dies. Banners are all over craft projects nowadays and I confess that I'm happy to jump on that bandwagon! During this month's class (held this Saturday at 1:00 pm) we'll create this paper covered frame. Isn't this paper delish? It's from We R Memory Keepers and it's a great heavy weight paper with amazing muted colors on the black background...so pretty. I used one piece of 12x12 paper to cover the entire frame, one side of the paper is one the top and the other on the bottom. I used ribbon (from Papertreyink) to cover the seam between the two papers. And then the sweet banner was create with the Spellbinders dies. Don't you just love the little top flap that makes each banner look like a little envelope? I then used tiny alphabet letters (from My Favorite Things, stamp/die set is here) to spell out my true love for my oldest son. Oh and that great sentiment is from my BFF Tim (OK, he's not my BFF, he doesn't even know that I exist but a girl can dream, right?) :-)

Enjoy and if you're interested in the class, please contact Wholly Scrap! for more details!

2 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a great altered picture frame Kim. Love the papers and the banner. The ribbon is so pretty. Wish I lived closer. Sounds like a fun club! Sweet boy!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

I just love this frame- the colors, papers and that spellbinder banner die is wonderful! Thank for sharing-