photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Friday, February 10, 2012

Altered Butterflies

PROJECT REMOVED FOR PUBLICATION Check the August Issue of Create for the Home (Northridge Publication)
OK kids, get ready for a boatload of photos today! I'm super excited to share this project with you! This wonderful display of butterflies is a brand new release from Say it with Letters! I was so excited when I received these in the mail and couldn't wait to find the perfect paper to finish my butterflies. Once I selected my paper I realized that the great size of these butterflies was perfect for displaying some of my favorite family photos! The perfect paper for this project came from Authentique (adore this color combo!). (Have you guys seen this new paper line...delicious!) Authentique paper also comes with a boatload of coordinating accessories, such as the framed sentiment and mini postage stamps, shown on the butterfly above.
To cover the butterflies, I used Zip Dry to attach the paper and then an exact-o knife to cut out around the shape. A good file cleans up all the edges perfectly.
The only other additions I made to the butterflies, because Authentique had so many great options, were some black rhinestone swirls.
I also used foam tape for pictures that overlapped. The foam tape keeps the top photo from laying too flat on top of a second one. Foam tape is great for adding dimension...I even use two different thicknesses for a multi-dimensional look! Ohhh...
Loved the sentiments included with the Authentique paper line..."You are my sunshine" is something that I've been telling my oldest since he was born.
I'm loving the grey/yellow color combo so much that I'm toying with bringing these colors into our still unfinished master bedroom! Wouldn't this collection of butterflies look great on a grey painted wall? Oh yeah!
These last two butterflies are small so I opted to just decorate these without photos. I like the combo of ones with photos and ones without. And aren't those little postage stamps so cute!
Love the swirls! Swirls? Butterflies? What could be better!
The pop of pink is quite fabulous as well!
Want to see more? Visit the SIWL blog for the other design team projects and links to the store!

4 comments:

deb said...

These are so so beautiful, Kim!! I love the colors and the cohesive design to them all. And of course I love the family photos and You are my Sunshine sentiment. Beautiful job. (And I really love the tag in the Hello post below. I love the wrapped ribbon. I haven't been to Wholly Scrap in forever. I love it there though.

Scrap for Joy said...

I think I've left comments on your butterflies everywhere I could...on the email chain from our group and on Deb's blog, too I think. These butterflies are truly each a lovely work of art. I love the deatail, the embellishments and the personal aspect of your project. You butterfly girls all did a dynamic job this month!
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I really like your butterflies and that you put photos on them. Thanks for sharing them.

merrymstamper said...

Wow! Kim this is fantastic! love the papers and embellishments and the quotes. Love it!