photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Celebrate

Greetings!! I'm super excited about today's project because it includes a technique I've been wanting to work on for months!! In the Spring one of the Wholly Scrap! customers taught a class using Elizabeth Craft stickers and glitter. I was amazed at her beautiful cards but couldn't attend the class so I just picked up a set of these cupcake stickers. (We have a wonderful selection of these stickers in the store!)

To make these images you place one of the outline stickers on top of a sheet of wonder tape (also called Red Line tape). You'll want the sheets of these tape, not the roll. I cut out a piece of wonder tape that was just a bit larger than the sticker. I then poured a very fine white/clear glitter over the wonder tape, pressing down to adhere the glitter to the glue. Shake off the excess and then...color right on top of the glitter with Copic markers!! Love, love, love the results! Isn't it the coolest thing ever! It's even more shimmery in person!! I ended up cutting out the cupcake image and used foam tape to pop it up on a Nestibilities circle. (The designer paper is from October Afternoon). Oh, and the sentiment is from Paper Smooches! That's right, I got myself a whole lotta Paper Smooches stamps!

Enjoy today's card and be sure to check back tomorrow for some fun news!!

2 comments:

Kristie W. said...

This is so cute! I love the sparkle :)

Kathi said...

Ooooh. Fun technique with bling-tastic results.

I've colored on glitter stickers. Now I need to try this...