photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Scrapbook News & Review - Spring Fling Event!!

Wow, wow, wow!! Welcome to the SNR Spring Fling event! I'm honored to be working with Anne over at the newly launched SNR social networking site (also home to the SNR magazine)to kick off their huge two week event that will be filled with tutorials, projects, techniques, and prizes! Be sure to check back in at the SNR site over the next two weeks to see what else they have in store. Also browse through their online videos, forum, and gallery of beautiful creations! Today, I'll be demonstrating a number of ways to alter bare chipboard. Chipboard comes in such a wide variety of styles, shapes, letters, frames, and numbers...the design possibilities are endless! In my demonstration I'll be using Stampin' Up! chipboard and Tim Holtz Grungeboard. I've created a total of five videos, demonstrating four techniques. Yes, this is my first shot at creating a video...(No hysterical laughing at my beginner videos, which is what my husband and I were doing the entire time...One day I'll share the bloopers!) Even though there are five videos, the total time required to watch all of the videos is only about five minutes. At the end of the videos I've posted a project, a mini album created to celebrate my 10-year wedding anniversary, using a number of the chipboard options from the videos. Here we go...The first two videos demonstrate one of the most popular ways to alter chipboard, using patterned paper.

This next video demonstrates a very quick and simple technique; adding color with an ink pad and sponge along with a stamped image.

Next, I'll demonstrate one of my favorite chipboard covering options...using rubons! It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of rubons and combining them with my second love, chipboard, is a perfect marriage. :-)

Now we move onto my last video, which is showing three other options for covering chipboard, using embossing power, glassy glaze, and glitter.

That's it for the videos...Now for my project!! Our wedding anniversary is on January 9th...just a few weeks after Christmas so there's typically a lack of funds in our household come early January. :-) That being the case again this year I wondered what I could do for my husband to celebrate our 10th anniversary. I decided to create a mini album for him to have on his desk. Each page of the album included a picture from each year we've been married along with a few lines of text on the highlights from that particular year. I've used chipboard on almost every page (hey, the album was made out of chipboard!!), mostly covering the chipboard with patterned paper and using rubons. The good news it that my husband was so happy with the album...he was teary (you know you've done a good job when they get teary!). One day I'll share the hysterics of trying to create this in secret with him sitting next door. It made for some comical moments! Please click on any of the pictures to enlarge them.

Thanks for hanging in there with today's long post. I had a wonderful time creating the videos for SNR. Be sure to head on over to see all the fantastic things going on at their site..Anne has set up an amazing faith-based site and magazine for scrapbookers and card-makers who have a desire to integrate their creativity and faith at A Faith Perspective.

Have a wonderful Friday!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there!!! found you thru SNR and i must say that i really enjoyed your videos! great job! however, your mini album is absolutely amazing!!!!!! I love every page!!!!! im not suprised hubby got teary over it! What an awesome gift for him!

Mari said...

Hi! I also found you thru SNR (I'm later in the month). I think your vids were great, no laughing here! I hadn't ever thought of using rub ons on chipboard... hmmmm.... :) Great idea!

itsallrosi said...

yay, Kim! what a treat to see your blog as first up for the blog-a-log. love the videos and your mini album!

Kerry said...

What a wonderful album celebrating every year of your marriage! Thanks for sharing some ideas for working with chipboard too!

Hazel said...

I've so enjoyed looking through this post- your album is super - I feel I know you more now. x