photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Keep it Simple Sunday

Tonight's title should be "Keep it Simple Sunday" and "Remember that Chipboard?" :-) I still have chipboard projects to share!! I think this is the third project I created using the chipboard I altered in these videos. This page is actually using two of the chipboard pieces, the frame and the heart. The only change I made to the frame was to rub brown ink on the edges to age it up a bit. You know I can't let the edge of anything go un"aged!" LOL! So how is this for a simple scrapbook layout!? This is an 8" x 8" page, which is quickly becoming my favorite size page. It's not quite as overwhelming as a 12x12 but gives you more room than a 6x6...it's perfect! I found this piece of green background paper when I was rummaging through my paper stash and it was the perfect size for the 8x8 page. I didn't even cut the green! Of course a polka dot background was the perfect mach for the "holey" paper and I added the polka dots on the brown paper with a Stampin' Up! background stamp. The photo of my sweet munchkin came next, with the wee heart added to the frame, and then I added this wonderful striped SU! ribbon around the entire page. The tag, which states "it's the little things in life that make life big" (also from SU!) was added with a piece of twine. The buttons were a quick, easy, and perfect accent. I used twine to give that sewn look on a few of the buttons and left some of them plain. Super easy page to create and what a great way to showcase the sweet face of my little monkey! Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check back later this week for some super exciting news...

7 comments:

itsallrosi said...

Look at your little cutie! I'm also a fan of 8x8. It took me awhile to work into, but now I love it.

Ann Kranitz said...

Hi Kim! Great page and your little guy is SUCH a cutie!! Love those buttons.

Allison Rankin said...

Oh gosh...what a cutie! Great mix of elements and white space!

jules p said...

A great layout. Love the "holey" paper and stamp too!

Beth Norman said...

Oh my gosh, your new look is stunning!! I subscribe and don't always click on your blog. It is one of the nicest blogs out there for sure! Your lo is darling too.

Jodi Collins said...

Oh! He is SOOOOO cute Kim! LOVE this layout and all the fun details!!!

Hazel said...

Gorgeously cute x