photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My Stint as A Minimalist

Last week I had an overwhelming desire to pull out my Odd Bird Planet stamps and create some very simple cards. Using just white paper, black ink, and some stamps to create scenes. Perhaps it was some deep seeded need to be more clean and simple in my designing. Perhaps I realized that you don't need so much "stuff" to create cards. Most likely, it was directly related to my need to have bring along some outline images to my Copic Certification class coming up on Thursday! ;-) That's right...I'll probably never really be a minimalist...
I'm headed to CT tomorrow to attend a Copic Certification class and I'm far too excited! I've been waiting for months for a class to come close enough for me to attend. Can't wait to learn how to really use my most beloved markers. After my class I'll share these same cards after color has been added. And you know what I love about Odd Bird Planet stamps? How you can create little scenes with the stamps. How fun is that? Check out Emilia's site for cards that are simply amazing...She has a real talent for creating amazing scenes with the OBP images. (Heck, the entire design team is simply amazing!) Be sure to check out the wonderful St. Patrick's Day cards most of them posted yesterday! Links to the designer's blogs are on the right hand side. Well I'm off to play with my little ones...who are starting to get restless! Enjoy your day!

6 comments:

Laura said...

they are great, but you know that I love white cards :). I don't seem to be able to make anything else.

I just posted my st.patty's cards and now I am off to look what others in the design team have made :).

Tanis said...

LOVE these Kim :)
Very cool!

Anonymous said...

I agree with you in that OBP looks great with a minimalist interpretation. You did an awesome, awesome job.

itsallrosi said...

these came out great! have fun at the Copic cert, wish I could go, too.

Anonymous said...

How cute- i'm loving the stamps!

XOXO
Sara

Hazel said...

Enjoy the copic class (wish I could come along too) x