photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Friday, March 22, 2013

Making Art to Share


A month or so ago I received an email from a customer who invited me to join the Everything Wendy Vecchi design forum.  Well...I love Wendy, I love her products, and I adore sharing design work so I jumped at the opportunity!  And then I had delightful surprise of being able to participate in an ATC swap.  Oh my, what could be more fun!  Not only do I love swapping but I love ATCs...such sweet, little packages of crafty goodness!

Since this was a 3 for 3 swap, I decided to create three different ATCs, using the theme of leaves and green.  I can hardly wait to receive three new ATCs from another forum member...the waiting...it's painful! LOL!

So let's get on with some descriptions because I had a boatload of fun creating these!  My first ATC, shown above features Wendy's white embossing pasteLovely Leaves stencil, Original Art and Parisian Art stamp sets, and silver berry flower centers. 

I started by using the stencil and embossing paste on white cardstock.  Once the paste was dry I colored the leaves with Faber-Castell big brush markers.  Then I cut the leaves out...hey...handmade embellies!  The base of my ATC is actually cardboard (super sturdy) that I covered with some older Autentique paper.  I stamped the text stamp, from the Parisian Art stamp set, onto the ATC background and embossed it with white embossing powder.  The top of the ATC has a piece of stamped kraft cardstock (with images from the Parisian Art stamp set) and a scalloped piece of designer paper attached.  I then layered my leaves and flowers.  The flowers are from a My Favorite Things die.  I layered the petals, sponged the edges with Walnut Stain ink, glued them together, and added the silver berry center.  The word ART is from the Original Art stamp set and I just colored it with a Distress Marker, cut out the letters and attached it to the top of the ATC.
 My second ATC features more embossing paste (I am seriously in love with the stuff!), the same stencil, and the Original Art stamp set.

I started by using a few Distress Paints for the background.  I just swiped Bundled Sage, Wild Honey, and Fried Brick across the cardboard.  I did use a bit of water to get the paint to run.  Love that random look!  Then stamped the fern image (from the Original Art stamp set) in Archival Ink onto the ATC.  The leaves were then added using embossing paste.  Once the paste was dry I broke out my barely used PanPastels (taking a class next month to learn more about how to use these babies!) to paint the leaves.  (Once you're done with the PanPastels you need to set them...I used hairspray...works like a charm!)  Then I just added the GROW sentiment, again painted with Distress Markers, to the bottom of the ATC.
And the third tiny creation!  Another GROW ATC...which I wanted to kind of look like a clipboard.  I'm not sure I really achieved the clipboard look but I sure had fun trying!  I covered the back of this ATC with denim designer paper and painted around the edges with gold acrylic paint (I got a thing for the gold on grungy projects!)  I then cut a smaller piece of heavy cardstock and created that notebook edge with a SU! punch.  I used Dirty Martini and Lemon Zest Dylusions Ink Sprays to color the paper.  Then I grabbed everyone's fav Dylusions, White Linen, and the Lovely Leaves stencil to add the images on the paper.  Some random music notes in black, the sentiment, and two dictionary paper flowers (using the silver berry center again) finished off this project!  (Want to learn more about so quick and easy it is to make these flowers?  Our DT member and online class coordinator, Donna-Marie Cecere, has a great video posted on her You Tube channel!)
 
So those are my projects for the ATC swap!  I hope you enjoyed today's rather lengthy post and that you're inspired to try some of your own tiny art.

5 comments:

wendy vecchi said...

they look GREAT!

Karin R. said...

Gorgeous ATCs! I am going to say a prayer that I get one of your ATCs in the swap. ;-)

Lori said...

OMG, I LOVE these! They turned out SO cool Kim! I can't wait to see them in person! I love those flowers on the first, I may have to get that die...like I need any more flower dies...lol...

Marjie Kemper said...

You packed a lot onto them... they're awesome. Totally digging the coloring with PPs!

toni said...

Gorgeous ATC's , so much lovely detail x