photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Many Blessings


It was a good weekend...I had some time to craft!  I had started to make a tag for Tim's March tag challenge over a week ago and finally found the time to finish my project. 

My favorite part of this tag?  Painting the metal flowers!  Isn't that so cool?  And I like to heat up the paint just until it bubbles a bit...makes for a great vintage look.

I kept the design similiar to Tim's, again, using the same techniques.  I don't have the bunny movers & shakers die so I used a butterfly and the house die.  Coloring the tinsel with alcohol inks was very fun too and I can see using this technique on other projects.  As for the grass, I had picked up a free QuickKutz die years ago and I finally got to use the die for this tag.  I knew that die would come in handy sooner or later!
Here's the finished tag!  Sorry for the low lighting...was night time when I finally had time to take a photo.  Well I'm off to tend to this week's sick child...we've had a stomach bug that just won't stop for the past week.  Call me weary and heartbroken for my boys...So looking forward to warmer weather, being able to open windows, less germs, and the return of butterflies!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Hoping the sick child is better soon --
your tag is delicious . I need to start following Lord Holtz if nothing more than to see the techniques.
Sandy

Words and Pictures said...

What a totally fabulous take on the tag, Kim - I LOVE it! The red and yellow flowers are so funky with the purple tinsel - altogether very cool!

I struggled with this one, but have finally got something I'm happy with, posting soon...
Alison xx