Tim's March tag challenge over a week ago and finally found the time to finish my project.
My favorite part of this tag? Painting the metal flowers! Isn't that so cool? And I like to heat up the paint just until it bubbles a bit...makes for a great vintage look.
I kept the design similiar to Tim's, again, using the same techniques. I don't have the bunny movers & shakers die so I used a butterfly and the house die. Coloring the tinsel with alcohol inks was very fun too and I can see using this technique on other projects. As for the grass, I had picked up a free QuickKutz die years ago and I finally got to use the die for this tag. I knew that die would come in handy sooner or later!
Here's the finished tag! Sorry for the low lighting...was night time when I finally had time to take a photo. Well I'm off to tend to this week's sick child...we've had a stomach bug that just won't stop for the past week. Call me weary and heartbroken for my boys...So looking forward to warmer weather, being able to open windows, less germs, and the return of butterflies!