photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Sweet 'n Sassy Release Day - Special Blend


Yippee!  It's my favorite time of the month again...release week with Sweet 'n Sassy!  So much fun and so many great new sets to see!  Today's we're showcasing the new set, Special Blend.  A few days ago I shared a sneak peek of a card using this set, Thanks a Latte, and today I'm back with an ode to an English tea party...at least that's what I think of with this image and designer paper. 
 
I had this paper in my stash and loved the look of it paired with kraft cardstock.  It's like an old fashioned wallpaper, isn't it?  And I thought the paper would be perfect with this sweet stack of tea cups, which reminds me of my Grandmother.  She has an extensive collection of china tea cups and when I was little nothing made me happier than to sip my juice from one of those cups!
 
After stamping the image in Memento ink, I colored the cups with Copic markers and then popped up the tea bag with foam tape.  The inside of my card contains the rest of the sentiment...
Love this set?  Ready to see more?  Visit each of the DT blogs listed below!  And don't forget to leave a comment along the way for an opportunity to win prizes!!  Enjoy!

 
 
 
 

30 comments:

Zella said...

Being a tea drinker I love this card...would be great to use to invite a friend over for tea and a chat. :)

slbt17 said...

what a great set!
love your execution!
Sandra ltb

Sabrina said...

Fantastic card!

Marie said...

Another lovely card from this set. There are so many possibilities it is mind boggling!

Kris B said...

Super sweet card! Love the sentiments and the little popped up tea bag! TFS God bless!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cute!!

jcobb said...

What a cute card! Being a die-hard tea drinker, I just have to have these stamps!

Becky said...

What a sweet card and sweet sentiment.

Cynthia said...

Lovely coloring of the tea cups, Kim. The floral paper on kraft is perfect!

Natalie said...

This is sooo pretty!! What a sweet set!

Marilize said...

What a lovely card and with winter setting in here, that stamp set will make a great addition to the stash :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty card Kim. Love the colors. The little tea bag looks great in the corner.

Jean Bullock said...

Very pretty. Love the tea bag in the front.

Indy's Designs said...

What a lovely card! Love the pattern paper against the Kraft card stock!
{hugs}
Indy

Cathymac said...

Beautiful, Kim! Love the vintage paper with the kraft, and the teacups are perfectly colored to match! Cute idea putting the little tea bag in front!

momandmec said...

Like your card. the designer paper stands out nicely on the kraft. Nice coloring and simple layout.

Unknown said...

That was a beautiful background. And the way you did the inside finishes it perfectly.

diane zechman said...

Love this, Kim! Beautiful!

Sue D said...

Very pretty--I like the paper you used and your coloring.

Holly M said...

Super, Kim! That english rose paper reminds me of an old-fashioned tea party too!

Pati said...

Pretty card, lovely paper & colors. Yes, makes me think of an english tea party. :)

Birgit said...

Your card is great and I love the little popped up tea bag. What a sweet finishing touch!

Just Me said...

Great card. I sure like the stacked cups.

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty card! Love your coloring!

Sherry said...

very pretty!! I like the inside too!!

Jonia said...

Love the outside and inside.

Lorie said...

Clean, simple, and beautiful!

synthis said...

Simple and sweet. :D

Jo4Him said...

Cute card; great details. Thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

This is fantastic Kim!! I love the sentiment and your coloring!