photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Handmade Holiday Gifts

Greetings! I'm back today to share another one of my handmade Christmas gifts! (Forgive the major glare on these photos...My sweet hubby bought me a brand new, fancy camera for Christmas and I'm still figuring out how to use it!) This is a gift that I made for a friend of mine that I've made through working and teaching at Wholly Scrap! Isn't that so much fun...not only do we have great customers but we have great friends that are also customers! Working in a scrapbook store is just about the happiest place on earth!!

The picture above is of the finishsed piece, in the frame, which also includes that lovely glare! Ugh...Below is the piece out of the frame so it's easier to see all of the fun pieces.

I created two of these (will share the other one in a few days) and they were both so much fun to make! I started by finding coordinating decorative papers and then using three plain pieces of cardstock that worked with the colors in the DP. I then cut each square down to 1.5" and laid out the entire design, mixing the DP and plain cardstock, on my work space.
Once the papers were cut, I got to decorate all of those little squares! I added buttons, letters, die cuts (heart and butterflies by My Favorite Things), stick pins, flowers, ribbon, and rub ons! Then each little square got glued to a piece of white cardstock. To create this you'll need a shadown box so that the popped up pieces don't get squished. I really enjoyed creating handmade gifts this year...so satisfying and enjoyable to give gifts from the heart and your own hands!

Enjoy and be sure to check back in tomorrow for the big Sweet 'n Sassy release day reveal!! I can't wait!!

1 comment:

Connie said...

This is SO SO beautiful!! I would have been honored to have been the recipient. I love the colors you chose and you didn't overdo the embellishments. They are just right. LOVE LOVE!!