photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Monday, January 23, 2012

Christmas Angel

Is it too late to share another Christmas project? I mean this could spur you on to get those homemade ornaments done early, right? :-) The reality is that I'm painfully behind on my blogging this week, even though I have a ton of projects in the works. Is anyone else like that out there? One week I have a ton of projects lined up to share and then the next I'm busy working on projects but nothing ready to share! It's feast or famine!!

So on to this precious angel! Isn't it the cutest!! This is an idea I found on Splitcoast, a project found here (in her posting there is also a link with directions). I used a circle cutter to create the circles to form the body. The arms were created by using half a circle for each arm. Once the circles were cut out I stamped all over them with snowflakes from the fabulous Snowflake Flourish stamp set from Sweet 'n Sassy. I then added just a thin line of glitter around the bottom edges of the dress and arms. (Oh, the "arms" were hot glued onto the body) The head is made from a small ornament. I drew the wings (a template is available from the SCS link, noted above) and the completely covered them with silver glitter...oh the bling! The finishing touches were tiny beads for a hallo and a few pieces of ribbon.

This was a super easy project and there are so many options for decorating! I gave this as a present to someone that I work with but I thought that this would be a great gift for a few friends next year as well. Who wouldn't love handmade ornaments!

Enjoy and be sure to check out the tutorial on SCS!

1 comment:

Connie said...

Kim: this is super cute - pinned to my Pinterest board to try for Christmas!! Love it!! Thanks for sharing.