photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Monday, January 4, 2010

The Sweet Shop Challenge

I just love skech challenges! And The Sweet Shop (hosted by Sweet 'n Sassy stamps) is a new site that I just recently found out about (yes, I've been living in a closet!) Each week The Sweet Shop posts a new sketch challenge and since my buddy Julie is one of the newest members of the design team (congrats Julie!!), I had to play along!
For this week's sketch I decided to pull out a Sweet 'n Sassy stamp set that I purchased at the Stamping Around PA event titled, Light of the World. I love the ocean and lighthouses so when I saw this set I knew it would have a good home with the rest of my stamp collection. This is a beautiful stamp, my card is showing just a portion of the large lighthouse stamp included in the set. The set also comes with six sentiments and/or verses, one of which is used on my card....a beautiful verse from the Psalms. The image was colored with Copics and the remainder of the supplies used on the card are from Papertreyink. Hey, that nautical paper I picked up at Summer CHA has finally come in handy! Enjoy this Monday morning! We're finally back to our regular routine and I've managed to actually put on real clothes (vs. my 'lounging pants' that I've been living in) and added make up to the 'ol face! My husband almost fainted this morning! LOL! Now to pry myself away from Google reader and get the schoolwork started!

7 comments:

Lorie said...

Beautiful card, Kim! Such gorgeous colors and coloring, and great interpretation of the sketch!

Hugs,
Lorie

Nancy said...

That is one gorgeous and inspirational card! So wonderfully crafted. Happy Monday to you!

Ceal said...

Beautiful Kim TFS!

Chrissy D said...

Gorgeous project - love your coloring!

Unknown said...

Wonderful card girlie!! Looks great with the sketch and the blue sky is great!! :)

Unknown said...

This is stunning! Beautiful colours and lovely DP!

Renata
Sugar Baby at The Sweet Stop

Andrea said...

Very pretty...awesome coloring. Great job with the sketch!