photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Framed Art

Some of our dear friends recently purchased their first house...after almost 30 years of marriage! It was cause for celebrating! I put together a little housewarming goodie basket, filled with the things we used to constantly borrow from each other when we used to live next door to them. It was kind of a silly reminder of the numerous "can I borrow..." phone calls. (Once I called, desperately looking for cream of chicken soup after I realized that, for some reason, I only had about 15 cans of cream of celery soup in my pantry! Good grief, what in the world did I think I would do with all those cans of cream of celery soup? LOL!) The wife of this couple is also one of my stamping buddies so I had to give her something handmade! A few days before they moved, I had picked up a package of frames from Target and thought that a little framed art for her studio would be perfect! The images used for my art piece are from Unity...A few of my favorites, a tree in the background and the house layered, with foam tape, on top. I did stamp a script image and added some color to the square before stamping and coloring the tree. The square with the images were layered on top of rust and kraft cardstock and then I stitched around the entire piece. You can just make out in the photo (I should have taken a picture before I put it in the frame!), that I added tiny bricks to the house my using a colorless blender pen to take away part of the house color. (Click on the image for a larger view.) As a finishing touch, I added a Bible verse, from Sweet 'n Sassy, to the glass, "Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in Him; and He will bring it to pass." Psalm 37:5. The verse is a little hard to see in the photo, better in person. I did find out something new...Once I stamped the verse, it was a little hard to see so I went over all of the lettering with a fine tip Copic marker. Worked perfectly! Enjoy today's little (it is little, just about 3.5 x 3.5) project!!

7 comments:

Tanis said...

I love it!!! Nice to see those stamps again!! I've gotta get that tree out now :)

Jennie said...

This is so pretty and enjoy your new home :o)

Jennie said...

Ooopps, just realized it was your friends that purchased their new home :o) Sorry about that....this is just so sweet and love the verse you have on this :o)

Leah said...

What a sweet house warming gift, I am sure your friend will love it:)

Kathy said...

I LOVE it! They will be so excited to receive this. This is one of those gifts they will want to keep forever because it's connected to a moment that will bring back great memories for the rest of their lives. Your art turned out beautifully :) What a good friend you are :)

emilia in Taiwan said...

what a cute and little (but meaning ful) gift! From picutre, it doesn't feel like 3.5 x 3.5 size. It is warm and beauftiful. Your friend will love it!

Unknown said...

Very lovely! I'm sure she will love it!! :)