photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Thursday, January 21, 2010

SALT Challenge - Daily

It's time for another SALT challenge and this week's topic is "daily" or more specifically spending time with God on a daily basis. Tanis was our challenge host and she shared a few points regarding her topic: Psalm 68:19 - Praise the Lord; praise God our Savior! For each day he carries us in his arms. Know that you are DAILY accepted and DAILY forgiven if you are DAILY returning to God for forgiveness. 1 John 1:9 - But if we confess our sins to him, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness. DAILY trusting Him with our problems and concerns. 1 Peter 5:7 - Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. Isaiah 33:2 - But Lord, be merciful to us,for we have waited for you. Be our strong arm each day and our salvation in times of trouble. DAILY talking to Him. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 - Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. DAILY claiming His promises. Lamentations 3:20-25 - The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each morning.I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in Him!” DAILY praising Him in all circumstances. Psalm 42:8 - But each day the Lord pours his unfailing love upon me,and through each night I sing His songs, praying to God who gives me life. Psalm 96:2 - Sing to the Lord; praise His name. Each day proclaim the good news that He saves. As I said to Tanis when she announced this challenge, "excellent topic!" It was a wonderful reminder to not get too caught up in our every day activities that we neglect our time with God. I have a tendency to review the course of my day when I crawl into bed at night and far too often my heart sinks as I realize I failed to spend any quality time with the Lord. Oh, I have study with the kids and as a family but it can be difficult to find time to spend alone with Christ. And how much grace do we need as Moms! (I need lots! LOL!) It's hard to overcome the trials, even small ones, if we've failed to seek God's help. I pray that for today and the days to come that I'll strive harder to be a better committed, DAILY Christian, who is faithfully showing my love and gratefulness to Christ for all that He has done! Please stop by the SALT blog to see the team's amazing work and play along with our challenge!! Card details - I've been getting more and more drawn to the very simple card layouts...This one is no exception! I saw this fun layout from an old CARDS magazine and loved how the matted layers were off center...fabulous! I also just received a few new embossing folders and used one for the main layer of today's card. I portion of a Scripture verse, from a Sweet 'n Sassy set, was cut apart and added up the side of the card. Can't get much easier with this one!! :-) Enjoy!

4 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Very beautiful card and words!

Lythan said...

It may be simple but it is oh so elegant! I love the look of this card - but eve more importantly - the message :)

Hazel said...

Love the simple but so classy lines of this card - and also what you've written x

Lorie said...

Hi Kim!
This is such an elegant and beautiful card. Clean and simple lines, and just stunning!!