photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Friday, July 17, 2009

Happy Bird-Day!

I've been itching to use this adorable set, illustrated for Our Craft Lounge by Debbie Corbari, since returning from Stamping Around CT. Debbie used her set when she taught at our CT event and I instantly fell in love with the cuteness of the tree, birds, owls, and accessories (a wooden swing, tire swing, and birdhouses). You can check out the entire set here. All of the other supplies used are from Stampin' Up! and I'm actually showcasing three of the new In Color cardstock. For my card, I inked up the tree and gave it a bit of an autumn feel by randomly coloring the leaves with orange, yellow, green, and red Copics. To blend everything I used a pale tan color to cover the entire tree. Just keep laying down that color until you get the look you want! Ah, I love Copics...Of course I added some highlights with my white gel pen (including little dots in my scallops...I just can't leave a scallop alone!). My wee bird is popped up with dimensional tape. My "ribbon" is created with patterned paper because, well, I don't own any ribbon that looks like that paper! Notice the sentiment? Don't you just love that you can bend acrylic stamps to fit a circle! With the sentiment on the left, the right side of my card was a bit empty so I added some chipboard numbers to highlight the age. Of course I don't know anyone turning 18 any time soon...anyone need a birthday card? ;-)
Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Totally adorable! Love the colors and the great layout!! I plan on giving the set a whirl today too! :)

Debbie Corbari said...

OMG! Kim this is ADORABLE!! Love the colors and of course the gel pen highlights! LOL! I'll never be able to leave a scallop alone either now b/c of you! LOL! Thank you so much for such a ROCKIN creation with this set!!