photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Snapshots from Every Day Life

Being a SAHM to two little boys that are 27 months apart isn't easy. (Can I hear an "amen!") I had my first when I was 37 and my second a few months before my 40th birthday. I'd been on my own and doing my own thing for a long time.... having children was a shock to my fiercely independent system. What - do - you - mean....I can't still do what I want, when I want? (Isn't it funny the way God uses your children to teach you simple lessons...I really like the "you're not in control" lesson...ohh...my all time favorite...) For me, having children was a hard adjustment. The loss of freedom, a career, sleep, a waistline, a clean house, a moment of peace and quiet....well you get the picture. But every once in awhile, on those rare days that everything runs smoothly, and my youngest is napping peacefully (not being rudely interrupted by a smoke alarm), I have the unique privilege of spending an hour with my first born - all alone - playing our favorite game, Uno. And I have the joy of watching his sweet face light up as he slaps down a "pick up two cards" hand and triumphantly shouts, "right back at 'ya!", causing me to laugh out loud. At those times my heart is filled with pure, unadulterated, overwhelming love. And I realize that I have been given the most amazing gift and blessed with the most rewarding job in the whole wide world. In another post we'll discuss all those lamps in my living room... Can you spot the lamps? I don't even need any lamps in our new house, we have recessed lighting. I wonder if I have some deep rooted fear of the dark? Why else would I have so many lamps - on just one side of the room? Maybe they're all forming some kind of group, where they get together to discuss wattage issues while we're sleeping. Those lamps, they're up to something...I don't think they can be trusted...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL! Totally cute!! :)