photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Make ART Challenge #1 - Embossing Paste

Yippee!!!  Today is the official launch of the new Wendy Vecchi Make ART Challenge blog!  I am so excited to be helping Wendy out with the blog and even more excited to be highlighting her amazing artistic talents!!  Today's challenge is all about exploring the joys of embossing paste (I LOVE it!) and you can read all of the details about the challenge here.  I also have a quick photo tutorial for you today, showing you how I created my card.

  Use a blending tool to apply Scattered Straw and Tumbled Glass Distress Ink to a piece of cardstock (pre-cut to standard card size).
Use Wendy's Dots and Dashes background stamp to lightly stamp on the background in Jet Black Archival Ink.  Set aside.
Stamp the vintage lace image from the Say It With Art stamp twice on a piece of book text (use Archival Ink).
Make hills out of the lac image!  WooHoo!!  (I also added a bit of script text to my card background, using Pumice Stone Distress Ink).  After I added the hills, I used a blending tool and the Sunburst stencil to add the sunbeams, and of course added Gathered Twigs to all edges.  Here comes the fun part!
  I used the Potting Soil and Fern Green Archival Ink Pads and smooshed them on my non-stick craft sheet.  Then I added a blob (don't you love my technical terms?) of white embossing paste to the ink.  (You can also do this same technique using re-inkers)  Mix the embossing paste with the ink...Voila...instant custom embossing paste colors!  Now I can stencil...
Using the Layered Tree stencil and my custom colored embossing paste allowed me to add a beautiful tree to the front of my card.  Wouldn't the tree be pretty in fall colors too?!  Be sure to store your extra paste in some of Wendy's Mix 'n Store jars.  Now I just need to add the finishing touches...
  I added a sentiment from the Forever Art stamp set, a bird from the License Plate Art stamp set, and a heart (embossed with Wendy's Red Geranium embossing powder) from the Little Bits stencil.  Once finished, attach the piece to a black card base. 
I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial and please be sure to check out the challenge on the NEW blog...Wendy is showing off many new products and there's a prize up for grabs!!
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Kim ! Love the hills made out of lace and the sun rising behind them ! Sue C x

Tammy Hershberger said...

You got some AWESOME dimension in your embossing, Kim! The leaves look fantastic, and the whole piece is wonderful! Can't wait to join in!