photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Keep it Simple Sunday

Today's Tip: Use a solid image stamp and only one ink color for a quick
and easy, yet elegant, card!
I hope that the multiple layers on this card won't disqualify it from fitting into the Simple Sunday card category! :-) I love layers on cards and while it might seem time consuming, it takes just minutes when pairing plain cardstock with patterned. Even the panel with the image was cut before adding any ink to paper. That gave me a set amount of space and I needed to find an image that would work. The images on this card are a few that have never seen ink! I picked them up (the birdhouse is one image and the floral pattern on the right in another) at a Ben Franklin sale. Buy two, get one free, how could I pass that up on that offer! (The sentiment was purchased at the same time) To create the card, I added some serious aging to the main panel with Chai ink from Papertreyink. Then the images were simply stamped in black ink on this same panel. I opted to keep the sentiment on un-aged cardstock, for contrast. And outside of the button and twine (both from PTI), the only "extra" I added was to stamp and cut out a second bird, which was covered with a black glaze pen (see photo below) and attached with dimensional tape. Time to finish this card? About a 1/2 hour but I was experimenting as I went because I stink at visualizing a finished product...It's a problem...just wait until I share my storage cabinet story...yeah...let's just say that there is painting in my future!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very pretty! The blue is so great and the glossy bird! :)

Beth Norman said...

What a lovely card, Kim.

Donna Marie said...

Very Unique...love it!