photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Hi Friend!

Recently I've been thinking about playing with acetate...I love the look of clear cards but instead of creating a full clear card I decided to just create a clear cover for the front of a card. I started by stamping this leaf pattern from Papertryink's Beautiful Blooms set, one of my favorites, in Snow White ink. I then stamped the flowers (and here is the joy of this fantastic set...I was able to create my own flower designs by using three different images from the set to create one flower!) on white cardstock and cut them out, mounting them on the acetate with dimensional tape. Since I really wanted to use red ribbon, I just love the look of red and kraft together, I added a piece of red cardstock behind the acetate, after stamping it with a polka dot pattern from the Polka Dot Basics II set, from PTI. The sentiment, also from the Beautiful Blooms set, was added on a paper ribbon and I created the dots for the i's with rhinestones from Taylored Expressions. Enjoy and hope the weather wherever you are is as amazing as it's been here in New England! The entire family has been spending entire days outside playing, planting, and simply enjoying the warm sunshine and cool weather...it's been divine...

4 comments:

Donna Marie said...

This is beautiful!!
Hope to see you soon!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! The red and kraft are great together! :)

Beth Norman said...

Beautiful. The colours really pop.

Allison Rankin said...

A terrific composition! Loving the acetate!