photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Keep it Simple Sunday

Today's Tip: Make a grid card!
I've found a new blog! Or rather a new blogger has found me....and I adore her work! Her name is Jacqueline and you can find her blog, My Scrap Basket, here. Lately, Jacqueline has been posting her beautiful grid cards, which is a card made up of any number of small squares. I had been looking for inspiration for today's post and thought I'd try my hand at a grid card. I've made a few of the mini cards, using the four squares, but this time I went for nine on my 5x5 inch card. This paper, from Taylored Expressions, is so beautiful that it can really stand on it's own. I only added a few stamped images, from Odd Bird Planet, a flower brad, and two buttons (from PTI). Oh, and the sentiment is also from PTI! Total time to finish...about ten minutes...While standing at my desk....minus a chair...in a mostly empty office...because....My furniture has been all moved out of my office and my new huge storage cabinet has been moved in! My craft supplies are all over the kitchen and dining room and I'm just waiting for my hubby to make me a custom countertop before I can post photos of my new space! I can't wait!! I would also like to add that my card is a very belated birthday wish for Kathi Rerek! Kathi will be teaching at our upcoming Stamping Around PA event! Hi Kathi, hope your birthday was very happy!! :-) Until then, have a wonderful evening!

3 comments:

Jacqueline said...

This is so pretty!! I love to see grid cards and thanks for sharing my blog! I follow yours and love your testimony.

Allison Rankin said...

I always hate these cards since they always turn out wonky on me...yours looks great!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! That dp is so pretty! :)