photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Keep it Simple...errr...Wednesday

Yeah, I'm running a bit behind on posting my Keep it Simple project...The good news is that my card was actually finished by Sunday but my ability to get a photo taken, downloaded on the PC, and posted on my blog eluded me! My card is a cute 4" x 4" size, which is perfect for mass producing. After Stamp NE we agreed that we needed to send cards to all of our sponsors, thanking them for their amazing generosity. Since we need to send cards to a whole lotta folks I knew I needed to come up with a simple design, something that would be quick to remake. I am grateful for my wonderful Stampin' Up! catalog that contains so many simple layouts and this card layout was roughly based on a layout in the catalog. This sweet birdie set is a new one from SU! and this is one of the first times I've inked up the stamps. I just love the bird stamps!! (SU! has matching chipboard too!!) The papers are from SU! as well. I struggled with leaving the card so plain (boy, do I have a hard time with white space! LOL!) but decided it looked best without ribbons or brads. I did, however, add some piercing in each corner. As one of our Stamp NE attendees said, "when my card needs something, I just add piercing!" That was the perfect solution for this card! :-) Well...we got a late start this morning so I need to finish up my coffee and get on with the day! Thanks for visiting!!

3 comments:

Tanis said...

OH this is SO SO SO TERRIBLY CUTE!!!!!!
I'm in love with branches...and that birdie is SWEET!!!
GREAT colours on the white...love how that pops.

jules p said...

this is a very cute card. and i am like you...i don't like too much open space.
how did you do the piercing? pretty neat!

Hazel said...

Lovely sweet card, Kim x